CURRENT AND UPCOMING EXHIBITIONS, ART SALES AND CHARITY EVENTS
It's been a while since I held an exhibition or participated in a group one.
But watch this space ... !
COMPLETED EXHIBITIONS, ART SALES AND CHARITY AUCTIONS
- "Remu-Wearit" - wearable arts trail in Remuera Shopping Centre, 14th-15th May 2015 (together with garments created by girls from Diocesan School at workshops I ran with them)
- "Mannequin Marvels", Bastille Day Creative Activity, Saturday 18th July 2015
- NB: I did not enter WOW this year, 2015, as I will be away for the show - however, ideas are formulating for 2016 entries
- WOW Wearable Arts Show, September 2014, Wellington - "Visibility Wizardress" (displayed at Nelson Museum, November 2014 to May 2015)
- WOW Wearable Arts Show, September 2013, Wellington - "Budding Beauty" (displayed at Nelson Museum, November 2013 to May 2014)
- Orakei School Art Exhibition, November 2013
- The Original Art Sale, Vodafone Events Centre, Auckland, June 2013
- Affair of the Heart, Northcote College, March 2013
- Martakana Exhibition, Matakana, January 2013 (for Warkworth/Wellsford Hospice)
- Great Summer Art Exhibition, Snells Beach, Dec'12/Jan'13
- WOW Wearable Arts Show, September 2012, Wellington - double finalist with two garments in theshow ("Green Green Grass" in South Pacific Section and "Mexi-Kahlo" in Illumination Illusion Section) - Green Green Grass received an Honourable Mention
- Orakei School Art Exhibition, September 2012
- Glaucoma Fundraiser - donation of mask artwork
- Epsom Girls' Grammar School Founders Award Fundraiser Function - donation of mask artwork
- Auckland Grammar School Cricket Fundraiser - donation of mask artwork
- The Original Art Sale, Auckland, June 2012
- Affair of the Heart, Northcote College, Friday 2nd March to Sunday 4th March
- Onehunga Plunket Fundraiser, Saturday 3rd March - a selection of my Artique wall-art masks on display and for sale
- "Affair of the Heart" Exhibition, Northcote College, 2nd-4th March 2012
- "MARTAKANA" Warkworth Wellsford Hospice Art Exhibition, 27th-30th January 2012, Matakana
- WRAPT - adorn, embrace, engage, Depot Artspace, Devonport, 22nd Oct to 3rd Nov 2011 -
Celebrating the adornment and embellishment of the human form.
With photographer Richard Leonard. www. wrapt.net.nz
- Orakei School Art Exhibition, October 2011
- WOW Wearable Arts Show, August 2011, Wellington - double finalist with two garments in the show ("Vivaldi's Muse" in Open Section and "Hayfever Gone Haywire" in Illumination Section) - Hayfever Gone Haywire on display at WOW Museum, Nelson, May-November 2012
Auckland Grammar School Art Exhibition, 3rd-5th September at Auckland Grammar School
Orakei School Art Exhibition, 29-31 October at Orakei School, Auckland
- Warkworth Hospice Wearable Arts Awards, September 2010 - Merit Award "Accessorise Me" category
- “Masquerade – Elements of Disguise”, 5th-29th August, Mask exhibition at Lopdell House, Titirangi, Auckland
- “Emerging Art Show”, 31st July-1st August at Alexandra Park, Auckland
- “The NZ Art Show”, 29th July – 1st August, Wellington (formerly The Affordable Art Show)
- "The Story of Masks" - my presentation about masks, Tues 27th July, at Lopdell House, Titirangi
"The Original Art Sale", 25th-27th June at TelstraClear Pacific Centre, Manukau
Kohia Terrace School Exhibition and Sale of Contemporary Art, 11th-13th June at Kohia Terrace School, Auckland
- "Legato" Exhibition, Cassino, Italy, 15th-29th May
- Macleans College Art Sale, 22nd/23rd May at Macleans College, Auckland
- Baradene Collect Art Exhibition, 7th-9th May at Baradene
- Royal Easter Show Art Exhibition and Awards, 1st-5th April - Auckland Showgrounds
- "Easter Recollections" Exhibition, 18th March to 8th April - Uxbridge Creative Centre, Howick
- "NZs Got Talent", City Gallery, Invercargill, 5th-31st March
- Estuary Art Awards, Uxbridge Creative Centre, Howick, Feb/May - finalist
- Northcote College "AffairoftheHeart"Art Exhibition & Sale, 5th-7th March
- “Martakana Art Exhibition”, Matakana, Auckland Anniversary Weekend, January – in support of Warkworth Wellsford Hospice
- Great Summer Art Exhibition, Snells Beach, 28th Dec 2009 - 3rd Jan
- Small Packages, Bruce Mason Centre, Takapuna, 2nd-30th November 2009
- Kumeu Art in the Garden, Kumeu, 7th/8th November 2009
- Strathallan College Art Festival, Karaka, 19th/20th September 2009
- Auckland Grammar School Art Exhibition, 4th-6th September 2009
- NZ Affordable Art Show, 31st July - 2nd August 2009, Wellington
- Melodious Art, Uxbridge Creative Centre, Howick, 30th July - 13th August
- The Original Art Sale, 26th-28th June 2009
- Kohia Terrace School Exhibition, 5th-7th June 2009
- Macleans College Art Exhibition, 23rd/24th May 2009
- Baradene Art Show, 15th-17th May 2009
- Easter Show, Uxbridge Creative Centre, Howick, 7th-30th April 2009
- Royal Easter Show, 9th-13th April 2009 - received award - 3rd place Abstract Section
- "Sally & Sarah Go Wild", Bruce Mason Centre,Takapuna, 2nd-31st March 2009 A display of works by myself and Sarah Jayne Woodward - old stuff, new stuff, all sorts
- Hospice South Auckland Fundraising Event, Ayrlies Garden, Whitford, 22nd March 2009. I contributed a mask artwork to this charity event, with all proceeds going to Hospice South Auckland
- Estuary Art Awards, Uxbridge Creative Centre, Howick - 13th February - 2nd March 2009. The artwork I entered for these awards, which are run by Uxbridge, the Auckland Regional Council and the Manukau City Council to raise the profile of the Tamaki Estuary and to encourage the people of Auckland to protect it, was selected for exhibition.
- Artspaces One, Mairangi Arts Centre, Mairangi Bay, 3rd-18th February 2009
- "Life" - Shave an Artist, Bruce Mason Centre, Takapuna, 3rd-28th February 2009. I had a piece in this group exhibition. I also donated an artwork which was auctioned at the "Shave an Artist" charity art auction held on 3rd February. Artists had their head shaved while their artwork was being auctioned - I declined to become bald, and Paul Mant stood in for me. The auction raised over $20,000. Proceeds to Leukaemia and Blood Foundation of NZ
The Great Summer Art Exhibition, Christmas/New Year, Snells Beach. I entered some works into this annual exhibition. One of them (Mallorcan Memories) won a Judge's Special Award, which was a great thrill.
The Moccona Masquerade Ball, Auckland Museum, 2nd October 2008. I contributed a mask artwork for auction on the evening "Wine Woman Song" and also created many of the masks worn at the ball (including the "Best Female Mask"). My artwork sold for $1,000.
Depot Artspace Members' Exhibition, "A Sensory Response" - 6th-18th September 2008. Works in this exhibition are created to engage the senses. See www.depotartspace.co.nz for more info. I contributed a piece of mask artwork called "Little Indian Girl" which sold.
- NZ Art for the NZ Shore Plover - Charity Art Exhibition, London - September 2008. I was invited to donate a piece of work for this auction, to be displayed in Mayfair throughout September, with the charity auction itself being held at NZ House in London on Friday 10th October. I attended the auction night. This auction was organised by the NZ Society in London, DOC and Forest & Bird to help save the very rare NZ Shore Plover bird. I contributed a piece called "The Journey Begins Here" - a textured depiction of Northland - it sold for 1,250 pounds.
- NZ Health Industry Awards & Benefit Gala - UNICEF Charity Art Auction - October 2008. I was invited to donate a piece of work for this auction, which will be held on 11th October at Bruce Mason Centre in support of UNICEF's work with women and children in Papua New Guinea). I contributed a piece of panelled kwila work called "Papuan Dreams" which sold for $600.
- Auckland Grammar School Art Exhibition, 5th - 7th Sept 2008
- The Affordable Art Show, August 2008 - Wellington
- The Original Art Sale, June 2008 - Telstra Pacific Events Centre
- NZ Art Guild Annual Members Exhibition "Make it Memorable", July 2008
- NZ Art Guild Collaborative Project, July 2008
- Kohia Terrace School Art Exhibition & Sale, 7th & 8th June 2008
- MacLeans College Art Sale, 24th/25th May 2008
- Baradene Art Exhibition, 16th, 17th, 18th May 2008
- The Royal NZ Easter Show Art Awards 2008 - three awards and five sales
- "Beyond the Crossroads" - 2nd place, Abstract Award (top photo on left)
- "Patterns Beyond" - 3rd Place, Small Art Award (see New Stuff2 page)
- "KiWILAnd" - 4th Place, Open Award "Nature's Harmony" (see New Stuff2 page)
- The NZ Art Guild Annual Art Awards, February 2008 - two pieces accepted as finalists - exhibition held throughout February 2008 at the Bruce Mason Centre, Takapuna (see photo left)
- Snells Beach Art Exhibition, New Year 2008 - Merit Certificate (and sales)
2007 EXHIBITIONS (and earlier)
- "Beyond the Crossroads" - Solo Exhibition, Small Dog Gallery, The Depot Artspace, Devonport
8th-20th December 2007 (thanks to all those who supported this exhibition and helped to make it such a success)
- The Depot Artspace, Devonport - various group exhibitions during 2007
- Finalist in Gordon Harris/Winsor & Newton "Opera Rose" art competition, 2007
- The Original Art Sale 2007, Telstra Pacific Events Centre
- The Original Art Sale 2006, Eden Park
- The Original Art Sale 2005, Eden Park
- Art De Vine, Gisborne, Labour Weekend 2006
- Associate Members exhibition, The NZ Fellowship of Artists in Mt Eden, October 2005
- plus a number of private exhibitions
If you wish to view some of my work, or discuss a commission, please phone or email me.
You are welcome to visit my home studio.
If you would like private tuition or a tailored workshop for a small group, please phone me on at any time.
| This piece (LEFT) is called "Matariki - A New Phase", entered into the Matariki section of The Great Original Art Sale. It depicts the various elements of the festival of Matariki and sold promptly on opening night.